As a busy New Yorker working a full time job, handling my blog, and also getting my fitness routine in, I sometimes lose track of time and find myself not having time to meal prep, Honestly there have been days where I just run into my favorite health food store to grab a meal to go when I work late or when I come home late from the gym. I always try to stay away from unhealthy take out places – yes that means NO to Chinese take out, mexican food, or anything processed and unnatural. I am so grateful to have found Provenance Meals – an organic meal delivery service that delivers prepared meals and detox programs that are gluten free and dairy free! The meals and detoxes are delivered to your home or office in the greater NYC area. Every meal is made from scratch and I love the fact how Provenance Meals has kept me on track to stay healthy and clean.
I did the four day meal plan since Monday – Thursday are usually my busiest days. My meals were delivered to me on Monday and Wednesday and each delivery had 2 days worth of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Let me just tell you that every meal is absolutely delicious! The meals are all different and it’s usually stuff you would never think of making! One of the days I had this incredible savory oatmeal made with carrots and scallions. It was seriously unbelievable and something I would never have thought would taste so scrumptious. Another one of my favorites was a vegan enchilada. I honestly wish I was eating that right now as I’m writing this article. Every meal was the right portion and filling. If you’re looking for clean delicious meals that will help you stay on track, check out Provenance Meals. Believe me, they will hep make your busy life that much easier.
Below is a picture of me eating my Provenance Meals after my workout from the gym.
If there is one thing I love taking care of besides my skin, it is definitely my hair. I always make sure my hair is healthy and styled nicely. I have to say I am a hair “junkie” and will try almost anything that will make my look look sleek and on point. When I was asked to try the Irresistible Me Sapphire 8 in 1 curling iron, I was super excited to try this product out. The curling wand comes with 8 different interchangeable barrels so you can honestly get almost any kind of hair style you’re looking for. I am a fan of natural loose curls and love that effortless beach wave look. I naturally have straight hair and this curler gave me gorgeous curls. I love how it doesn’t damage my hair and leaves my hair silky smooth. The barrels are easy to snap in and out so you can easily use any of the eight different barrels. Another plus is how quickly it heats up. Instead of waiting forever for a curling iron to heat up, this literally heats up in less than a minute! This is a definite must have for all you hair junkies! This curling wand is also currently on sale, so make sure to check it out!! Below you can see my before and after with the Irresistible Me Sapphire 8 in 1 curling iron.
Ladies, I have found the perfect curling iron that will fulfill all your needs. If you’re anything like me, you probably have stocked up on so many different hair tools to achieve that perfect beach wave or big curls for a night out. Well say hello to the Irresistible Me Sapphire 8 in 1 curler. This tool comes with 8 different interchangeable barrels so you can have the curls you are looking for. I like having loose curls, so for me the thickest barrel is my favorite one to use. This curling iron is absolutely fantastic! It doesn’t take long for the wand to heat up and it keeps my hair silky smooth. No frizzy hair ladies! Stay tuned, I will be posting a before and after of my hair so you can see how this product works!
Happy New Year everyone!! This is the time to start thinking about your goals and what you would like to accomplish for 2017. For me, I am looking to push myself harder when I work out. I want to travel more and learn to enjoy the little things in life. Additionally, I want to improve myself and not care about what other people think about me. My trainer has really been pushing me in all of my workouts and this one is one of my favorites for the glutes. Check it out and let me know what you think!
photos by Eldrin Huganas
Topshop lace dress c/o | Haute & Rebellious booties
Another year has already flown by and I am ready to ring in the new year with my close friends and family. This year I will be in the city with all of my friends at a loft that was rented out. I always look forward to dressing up around this time of the year and this lace dress from Topshop is my pick to ring in 2017. I love the lace details and how it forms to my body perfectly. The neckline is definitely one of my favorite parts about this dress. Looking back at 2016, I have realized how much happier I am with my life now. 2016 was one hell of a roller coaster but totally worth the journey. I started my dairy free lifestyle back in February, traveled to some amazing places, started feeling confident about myself, and met some amazing bloggers along the way. For me 2017 will not be about making resolutions but instead making goals. Wishing you all a fun and happy new year!
Tis the season for endless amounts of eggnog, mom’s homemade baked goods, and all things savory. Unfortunately for me now that I am dairy free I am very limited on what I can eat for the holidays but that doesn’t stress me out! Believe me sometimes it is hard especially at work when vendors send delicious desserts and all the countless holiday parties hosted by friends and family. However, I have learned to embrace my new lifestyle and I wanted to share with you tips on how to stay healthy during this time of the year.
1. Eat your own meal before the party – A couple of hours before the party starts, eat a healthy meal that is filling so when you get to the party you don’t indulge on food that you will regret the next day. I do this whenever my friends host a party even if it’s not during the holidays. I usually like to eat a hearty salad with beans and quinoa or I will make black bean or brown rice pasta. When I eat a couple of hours ahead of time I feel full and satisfied so when I get to the party I am more conscious on what foods to eat.
2. Make a healthy dish of your own to bring – Christmas is usually hosted at my house but this year my Aunt and Uncle will be hosting the Christmas extravaganza. In the past I would eat whatever I want at a party but this year I am making my own dish to bring so I can still enjoy the fun festivities. Browse through pinterest like crazy. There are so many healthy dishes out there. From dairy free to vegan to gluten free, the options are endless. I think I will be making these vegan mashed potatoes and healthy pumpkin muffins as my dessert. I get a lot of my food inspirations through pinterest so I highly recommend looking on there for daily food tips.
3. Drink a full glass of water after every alcoholic drink – The holidays are always about delicious cocktails and spiced eggnog but all that sugar and liquor is not good for your body. Alcohol will dehydrate your skin so you have to watch your consumption on the amount of drinks you have. Of course I am not the type of person to give up alcohol completely. I do believe in moderation so I recommend drinking a full glass of water after every drink you have. Drinking a full glass of water will keep you hydrated and sometimes I get full from drinking water that I won’t feel the need to have another cocktail. If you don’t want to be that person drinking a glass of ice water, sometimes I will just have a club soda with a splash of pineapple juice or freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice so it kind of looks like you are having a vodka club.
4. Use healthier mixers and say goodbye to sugary ones! – Ok it’s time to cut out those sugary mixers – orange and cranberry juice need to be tossed out! A lot of those juices are filled with added sugars. Unless you are going to actually juice your own orange juice, most juices are a NO and is definitely a culprit for that added holiday weight. These days there are so many healthier mixers out there that you can try. You can never go wrong with the typical club soda with lime juice or you can mix liquor with kombucha. Kombucha is a fermented tea that comes in a variety of different flavors and is so healthy for your body. I honestly didn’t even think this would be a good combination until I had a kombucha cocktail at a restaurant with my family. The taste was unreal! One of my favorite plant based vegan meal delivery plans Sakara offers a beauty water cocktail mix that would be great to have at any holiday party. The mix contains organic rosewater, trace minerals and other healthy ingredients that your body would love.
5. Just stay on track and keep your goal in mind at all times – Remember to always keep your goal in mind. Living a healthier life is a lifestyle. It should not be considered a “homework”. This should be a journey for you to learn and grow. I know it can be tough at times so don’t always feel the need to be 100% healthy at all times. Have that slice of pie or that extra side of mac & cheese if you need to but just remember to never over do it! There have been times where I eat almost a whole bag of chips or indulge in way too many french fries but don’t let that discourage you if you do fall off track here and there. Kick yourself back up and go back to your regular routine. Enjoy the holidays and then hit the gym hard the next day and work off those cocktails!
Remember to still always enjoy your life! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about fitness or health. Enjoy the holidays with your close friends and family!
Banana Republic Skirt c/o | Haute & Rebellious booties | Six Fifty Clothing turtleneck
Less than a couple of weeks away from Christmas! Luckily all of my holiday shopping is done and I’m so excited to go home for the holidays to spend time with my family. Banana Republic has always been one of my favorite online destinations for holiday shopping and this lace skirt is the perfect piece for the holidays. I love wearing this to work with a cozy turtleneck and booties. It’s a great versatile piece to have in your closet around this time of the year. Not to mention, Banana Republic is currently offering 40% off your purchase right now!
I’ve been 8 months dairy-free and the feeling is absolutely amazing. With a consistent work out plan and eating a healthy diet, I have never felt so confident in my body and skin. Cutting dairy was a huge deal considering my lifestyle before no dairy was eating pizza and anything with cheese on weekends or the occasional weekday dinner with friends. I have also made the decision to cut meat, but I still eat fish and eggs. I will share more of that on another post! So if you’re debating whether or not to go dairy free (or maybe trying to cut back on dairy), I wanted to share with you some tips on how I have stayed dairy free. Would I ever eat dairy again? Honestly I don’t have the desire to have dairy but when I do make a trip to Italy I have to admit I will break my dairy free diet and have some cheese because life is about balance and enjoying yourself.
- Slowly cut dairy by only having it once or twice a week or on weekends only – Before I became fully dairy-free I decided to cut dairy during the week and only had dairy on the weekends. I made sure I was eating a well-balanced diet with no dairy and on weekends would treat myself to a slice of pizza or delicious mac & cheese. It may be hard at first but your body will slowly adjust to this change.
- Try dairy free alternatives – There are a ton of alternatives that will help with you dairy cravings. If you love milk, try coconut or almond milk. My favorite is a coconut and almond milk combo. Rice or hemp milk is also another amazing alternative. Looking for a delicious cheese alternative? My absolute favorite is Daiya. It’s delicious sprinkled in salad or even better melted.
- Go and try vegan restaurants – Living in NYC is the one of the best cities to try vegan restaurants because it’s the only restaurants I know that are 100% dairy free. Seriously grab a friend or your boyfriend/fiance/husband and try a vegan restaurant. You will be amazed at all the dairy-free options. From diary-free pizza to desserts, the options are endless. Some of my favorites are By Chloe, Blossom, Red Bamboo, and Candle 79.
- Surround yourself with amazing friends and family – When I decided to go dairy-free my friends and family were extremely supportive. Whenever I go out to dinner with my friends and family they always make sure there is something I can eat on the menu. I’ve even got some of my friends to try vegan restaurants with me and they loved it! Just always make sure your friends and family support you. No one should ever look down on you for your decision. It’s a totally different lifestyle but I still enjoy my life and have been so much happier with myself.
- Use Pinterest Like Crazy – I look at pinterest every day to see what dairy-free meals I can cook. From dairy-free protein cookies to dairy-free mac & cheese, I get a lot of my inspiration from there. It’s also nice to see other people out there who live the same lifestyle as me and are sharing recipes.
Have any other questions about being dairy-free? Feel free to reach out to me. I would love to hear from you!
DKNY skirt | H&M top | M.Gemi heels
photos by Ed Dwyer
It’s kind of crazy how fast the summer is flying by. Can you believe this weekend is Labor Day already? So far every summer I’ve had either an engagement party or a wedding to attend to and this summer I went to my coworker’s engagement party in Long Island. When it comes to engagement parties, I like wearing something flowy (so I can eat a lot!) and this floral skirt was the perfect piece. This skirt has been sitting in my closet for quite some time, so I decided to finally whip this piece out. It was such a pleasure to see my coworker happily celebrating her engagement with her future fiance and close friends and family. I can’t wait to see her walk down that aisle next year in June!
Alo yoga pants | Nike sneakers | Forever21 sports bra | A Classic Time watch
photos by Louisa Wells
This is part two of my collaboration with A Classic Time Watch company. I had to do a fitness outfit because it’s something I am very passionate about. Being active and living a healthy lifestyle is something that is extremely important to me so I wanted to show how watches can also look great with a fitness outfit. I love the brands that A Classic Time Watch works with and when I saw this black watch, I knew it would be perfect with a fitness outfit. Fitness is always better when you wear something fashion forward:) Happy Wednesday everyone!! The weekend is not far away!