Staying fit and active is a lifestyle that my trainer has taught me to love and I can’t thank him enough for how amazing and confident I feel everyday. Blogging is not my full time job. In fact, I work a 9-6 job and trying to stick to a consistent work out routine can sometimes be tough but I always make an effort to work out at least 5 x a week (unless I am VERY busy or under the weather). I usually hit the gym right after work or sometimes (if I don’t stay up too late) I will go in the morning. Either way I always make sure I pack my necessities for the gym. So what is in my gym bag you ask?
1. Beats by Dre wireless headsets – INVEST IN THESE!!! If you’re anything like me, I can not work out with headphones that are not wireless. My work outs require a lot of movements and jumps so I like having wireless headphones that allow my body to move freely. I have to be able to listen to music when I work out otherwise I lose motivation. Most of the time I work out by myself, so these Beats by Dre wireless headphones are a must for me. It is the first thing I make sure I have in my bag.
2. Garnier Micellar Water – Make up remover is a must for me. I do not wear any makeup while working out because I sweat A LOT. No joke, I always make sure I have a gym towel with me because I feel like I am constantly wiping my sweat. I know that sounds gross, but hey I am being brutally honest here! I feel like makeup wipes do not get all the grime and dirt off my face so I am really happy to have discovered micellar water. You just soak a cotton pad and swipe it across your eyes and face. Every trace of makeup comes off and I love how it does not dry out my skin.
3. Swell Water Bottle – It is always super important to stay hydrated while working out. Sometimes I know I do not drink enough water but I make an effort to try to drink as much water as possible. I love Swell Water Bottles because it keeps my water cold for 24 hours and I personally love drinking really cold water. It’s just refreshing and keeps me energized during my work outs.
4. A healthy snack – I am always hungry after I work out and sometimes I feel like I need to eat something right away to satisfy my hunger. I like to always have some sort of healthy snack in my bag whether its raw nuts such as almonds or cashews or a natural nutritious bar. My favorite kind of protein bar are RX Bars. They are 100% all REAL ingredients. No artificial sweeteners, no added sugar, and they’re dairy free and soy free.
5. A stylish cap – I mean don’t we all want to look stylish still even after an intense workout? For me, my hair usually looks like a disaster from all the sweat, so I like throwing my hair in a tight ponytail and throwing on a stylish athletic cap. One of my favorites that I am currently obsessed with wearing is this white Adidas cap. It’s super lightweight, built with UV protection, and basically matches well with every workout outfit!
Remember working out should never be a chore, it should be part of your lifestyle. It’s all about the journey and the steps you take to live that better lifestyle. Stay fit and active!